Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Proposal

He loves me, I know he loves me. He looks at me with those golden brown eyes and I feel like he can see into my soul. When we sit together the silence is dreamy and peaceful, not oppressive like it can be when you sit with others. I feel comforted by him. Calm.

Sometime’s he’ll lie down and lay his head on my lap. I’ll stroke his head and as he falls asleep I feel my stress ebbing away. On our daily walks I really feel like I can clear my head. Like walking with him is all the therapy I need. It seems to me that because we’ve been together for so long (going on 10 years now) that it’s time we took our relationship to the next level. I’m nervous about asking him since I know he can be a little cryptic sometimes. Having been together for so long this question is a simple one. I just have to be brave.

So after our run today, both of us breathing hard, I gather my nerve. While he’s laying on the couch I kneel before him, put my head to his and say “Burt, I think we should get married.” He pulls his head away and with that grin of his looks me right in the eyes before laying one on my cheek. I know what that means. We’re off to Vegas!

The only place that will welcome our decision freely and quickly. We drive 4 hours in the night. Burt whines when we fly. Before checking into a hotel I pull into the Love Chapel the moment we enter the city limits. It’s been 10 long years, no need to wait any further.

At the chapel Burt jumps out of the car. I’m glad to see he’s as excited as I am. When we get inside and I fill out the forms the woman, the registrar, at the desk looks at my information then at Burt and says “Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?” I look over at Burt who is meandering around the lobby in that cute way of his and smile saying “Oh I’m absolutely positive I want to do this.”

Inside the pastor calls our name as the next lucky couple. People in the aisle waiting to have their moment of bliss stare at us wide-eyed. Like me, they can’t believe this is happening either. When we get to the alter the pastor looks me up and down, looks over at Burt and laughs. I’m so glad this is joyous! When the time comes to kiss the bride everyone laughs and claps. This is the happiest day of my life.

I bend over and kiss Burt’s head, his fur caressing my lips. I put my hands around his face, looking into his eyes and say “I love you!” Burt looks up at me and wags his tail wildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment