Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who's There?- Ch. 3

Chapter III- The Final Installment

Outside I get into my vacumobile and head to the site. Upon arriving it seems there is more life here than we realized. Tents have been erected and the low lifes of the surrounding systems seem to have created a little community for themselves. Stepping out of the vacu I could see clouds of smoke from the fires all around. I am blasted with a putrid smell that can only be described as scumbag living. Walking around with my gun and badge hidden I feel something afoot. How did these beings find this place; know to come here?

“Hey, buddy?” I poke the nearest being which happens to be a Snarken. He doesn’t move for a second so I poke him again. This time he snuffles and rolls over opening his eye slightly. “Buddy, how did you find this place?”

He looks me up and down and says in that gurgly voice of theirs “We heard about it from that guy,” pointing behind him to a huge tent structure that I hadn’t noticed before amid the smoke, debris and wall of beings. “Thanks” I mutter as he rolls back over, emitting a pretty horrible scent. I walk towards the huge structure and as I get closer I hear music playing. Music I don’t recognize though it sounds Earthly.

Right before I get to the door a Bontiki is thrown out by a very large man. “Enough!” the man shouts at the Tiki, wiping his hands. The Bontiki rolls over in the dirt laughing as I step over it to get to the door. The man, big and burly looks at me blankly then says “And?”

“Sounds like my kind of party in there.” I begin to walk forward when the guy puts his arm out stopping me. He puts his face right into mine and says “You are?”

“Full of words aren’t you, pal? I’m an old friend…of the crew,” I say. I have a theory and I’m going with it. What if Drag vicious has started his whole outfit up again; his whole gang and place of “business”? Right under our noses since we assumed the place was done for in our first sweep.

“The crew, huh? Wait here.” Right. As the hefty guy moves away into the tent I casually walk in behind him and dart to the right into the crowd. I follow the guy with my eyes he heads straight to the back of the tent, the crowd parting for him, and walks through another doorway. I begin walking in that direction, as close to the wall as possible but my progress is slow as I’m bumped constantly by the dancing beings all around me. Eventually I make it to the back of the tent just in time to see my burly buddy coming out of the door to my left. I jump into the corner crouching behind the Tetronicsound equipment. In a quick motion, still crouching I run over to the door and into it, my hand on my gun. The room is sparse with a carpet, full length mirror, wall of clothes and shoes, and a little curtain room. I hear a scuffle from behind the curtain to my right and jump behind the mirror. Out he saunters in a strapless gown and Shinny silver shoes. Son of a gun.

I pop out from behind the mirror and shoot my freezeoid gun at him simultaneously hitting the back up button on my Police radio. “Well, well, well if it isn’t my favorite douche in Drag,” I say walking around the stiff body now lying on the floor. His eyes try to follow my movements.

“I’m going to enjoy this,” I say out loud.

I’ll handle this, Josh.

Who’ll handle this? I’m in charge here. Picking up the pieces that Dave couldn’t gather for himself.

Don’t worry, Josh baby. You and Dave are in good hands.

Taking a deep breath and opening my eyes the world is almost fresh and new. Dave and Josh need me. They need a feminine touch to make the Universe right again.

No comments:

Post a Comment