Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Who's There?- Ch. 2

Chapter II

I woke up in the Medi room, blinking frantically as my eyes slowly adjusted to the natu-light glowing around the room. A doctor came in of the Gragain species. Fortunately for me he spoke human. “So it seems you were blasted with a fragmenting lazer.” Gargains are very to the point.

“Right, at least it wasn’t a bullet,” I said rubbing my head.

“It seems the villain created a new weapon and from what we can gather your being has been split. Into how many pieces we don’t know.” I looked down at my body. Everything seemed attached and unharmed. I felt my head, no bumps or bruises. I lifted the sheet and looked between my legs to make extra sure.

“Everything seems to be in place, Doc.”

“Your being. You humans refer to it as many things like soul, personality, and so on.”

“You’re telling me that Diva dick fragmented my personality”

“That’s what I’m telling you.”

Ever since then it’s been non-stop whirring and buzzing. I feel like I’m floating by. I mean I know we float around now a day as transportation but I feel like I’m floating within myself.

Because you are, Dave.

What was that? It felt like it was in my head.

That’s right.

Who is talking? I’m not talking. There’s no one around me. What’s going on?

Oh nothing, just hanging out.

Who said that?

You did.

I didn’t say anything. Who are you?

I’m you, well, another you.

What? Where are you, buddy? The joke is over. Come out now.

Ok

Opening my eyes I feel alive and ready. Dave could only do so much. Time to fight back. Gotta look good on the journey. Man, Dave has got some shitty taste in clothes. I’ll have to change. But what to wear? His body is pretty worn down, all that drinking. Look at this gut! We should go to go to the gym. Maybe after I save the universe. Ok, jeans and a button down shirt will have to do. Cool, casual, collected.

At the office everyone greets me normally of course except for Brian. When he comes over to say hello he stops, looking me directly in the eyes bobbing his head up and down looking for something. “You all right, Dave?”

“Sure, all right.”

I take off Dave’s jacket, put it over the back of the chair and sit down in front of the Cellu-screen. Typing up Drag Vicious into the main frame I begin my investigation into revenge. The Drag’s last known address and associates are dead and gone. His hide-out on Planet Trontan was blown up in a massive raid a few years back taking most of his known associates with it. It’s somewhere to start, though.

As I stand up and put my coat on the Chief says “Wait Dave, where are you going Buddy?”

“Following a lead chief.”

No comments:

Post a Comment