Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Unadvisable- Ch. 3

Chapter III- The Final Installment

“So you’re telling me that our President is doing illegal side deals?” I asked skeptically. Tom turned to me and said “No, I’m telling you that the President is unaware that he is working closely with some highly unadvisable advisors.”

We both sat in silence as the sign for the Nevada state border came and went by our window. “How did they figure out you knew?”

“They had followed Charly that night and when they saw the ambulance pulling his dead body out on a stretcher they probably assumed he was killed passing on information. Ironically that isn’t far from the truth.”

“So where’s Paulie?”

“He’s gone. Paulie can blend in anywhere. He’s well connected being part of some organization. He’s just gone. And me, well they’ve bee following me ever since. I’ve been trying to out maneuver them but they’re getting more aggressive.”

“What if they just want to talk or offer you a hell of a lot of money to keep quiet?”

“Do you really think men that high up with that much to loose are going to chance this kind of information being kept quiet with money?”

“Hmm, I suppose not. So what’s the plan?”

“The plan is to drive,” he said pointing his arm forward. Good plan.

As if on cue a car came up behind us fast with the head lights blazing. It sped forward and banged into the back of our car. I stepped on the accelerator but in my beat up 95’ Corolla I had no hopes of outracing their 2009 Land Cruiser. As I sped forward they pulled along our right side and turned into our car. We were lifted off the ground for a second and pushed off the road onto the shoulder, steep drop off the mountainous road. Our left front wheel was rolling on air. I veered back to the right trying to get on steady ground when the Land Cruiser smashed into us again. Both our front wheels got pushed over the edge. I sharply turned the wheel to the right trying to gain back some solid ground but the Land Cruiser slammed into our right side one more time.

For a moment everything was silent. Then everything went into chaos as our car fell over the edge and we tumbled down the slope. Rolling over and over I could see the debris pass by and hear the crunching and breaking of my car. My head hit the side window a couple of times and I felt my arm get squished between the wheel and my leg. With a sickening crunch my arm succumbed to the pressure.

Finally the car stopped rolling landing upside down. Hanging there I couldn’t imagine I was still alive.

“Tom? Tom are you ok, buddy?” No response. With all the blood rushing to my battered head I could barely turn it. Moving slowly I looked over. Tom wasn’t in his seat anymore. He had been pushed through the windshield and from what I could tell his head had been outside of the window as we rolled over and over. Dazed, confused and still in shock I unbuckled my seat belt which sent me head first into the roof. After a few moments of seeing stars I rolled towards the door window which had shattered; whether from the impact or my head who knows.

I slowly crawled through the window, every movement hurting every part of me. I got almost through the window before I collapsed exhausted by my efforts, my feet dangling over the driver’s seat head rest. Lying there in the freezing desert night I could see my labored breathing in the air. As I began to regain more consciousness the words of the past few hours drifted back to me. “Advisors, Drugs, Terrorism. Doesn’t know. Killed him.” I started breathing hard again. I could hear voices in the distance. Two were running towards me, down the hill my car had just tumbled. Are they going to finish the job they had started on the road? Or maybe they are passerby’s coming to lend a helping hand.

I gotta get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment