Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Commotion- Ch. 2

In the following months the team gathered together to get to know one another. There were 4 of us: Ted and Sam (the two conspicuous guys at the diner), Charles, and myself. Charles felt for a team to function without a hitch they needed to know what made each other tick. “In times of high pressure you’ll need to be able to read each other. So this way nothing will be a surprise or impossible to handle.” That’s when Charles and I became lovers.

For the next year the team was busy, planning, building and doing reconnaissance work. I began dreaming that I was sitting outside the target getting busted…by my Mother. We ate, slept and obviously dreamt the job. We even moved in together so as to make it safe, easier and more time efficient to pass information, make up schemes. This had become my family. It was about four months before the day of that I realized I was in love with Charles. Apparently so did Sam.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea?”

“Am I sure what’s a good idea?” I said putting another round in the Waltham.

“You being with Charles.” I stopped assembling the .45. “I mean, emotions like that can cause a lot of problems for the group, don’t you think?”

“I think you should worry about the problems that maybe caused by your bum knee.” I walked away. Was he right? Was I in over my head mixing business with pleasure?

“I’m not sure what you’re getting at,” Charles said, stroking my hair a few hours later.

“I just mean that may be we should stop what we’re doing until after the job is done.”

“Mmmmm.” He leaned against the head rest of the bed and looked at me, smirking. I tried to hold back a smile but he was so darn good looking. That’s when he leaned in and kissed me.

Sitting here under the stark lighting, feeling the cold steel of the handcuffs against my skin I feel utterly calm, cool, collected even. It had been a long road and while the plan hadn’t played out exactly as it was supposed to it wasn’t that far off the mark. And he had trained us to expect the unexpected, hadn’t he?

No comments:

Post a Comment