Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Welcome to the World. How may I assist you?- Ch. 2

Chapter II
The first week was pretty standard for an assistant: filing, calling, scheduling. Apparently the government liked to keep close tabs on these masked crusaders. It was like the government was the agent sending the Winged Guarding out on auditions but instead of auditions, as I soon found out, he was going on death defying missions.

“All in a day’s work,” he would say with a huge grin as he tossed me yet another torn costume ready for my loving touch and super strength thread.

As the months wore on and our bond grew stronger I became more entwined and fascinated by the behind the scenes of these secret operations: scouting locations, driving a car that followed him in the night, contacting the authorities and so on. I had the coolest job ever.

So how did I manage to get myself stuck hanging on a ledge when I work for one of the greatest superheroes in the world? Because I’m an idiot. With times being tough people started acting that way, or so they thought, causing trouble, increasing crime. The Guardian and I were having our busiest time together yet. I was sleeping at the office or as the press referred to it as “The Dungeon of Dreams” (Honestly, how do they come up with this stuff?) 3-4 nights a week. Though we were making an impact the crime kept happening. I guess even superheroes need a vacation because one day he declared “I’m going away.”

“Away? For what job? I don’t have anything on the books.”

“No job. For me. The guys at division know. I’ll only be gone for 48 hours. How much can go wrong? This way you’ll get a little break as well, bubby.”

“Right, jut what the world needs, a break from its hero.”

“Come now darling, even doctors get a vacation.”

Even though I pouted and fussed and made up lame excuses as to why he should stay, off he went to god knows where. The first 24 hours were fine without him. The phone barely even rang and even then it was mostly interview appearances.

“Do you really think a super hero has time to stop saving the world to sit on Good Morning America? Really?,” I would say before I hung up the phone. It wasn’t until the night before he was to return home that the shit hit the fan…literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment