Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome to the World. How may I assist you?- Ch. 1

Chapter I
As each finger slid off the edge of the building I couldn’t help but think “I really wish I gotten my hair colored yesterday when I had the chance”. I mean, here I was, about to plummet hundreds of feet to my death and all I could think about was how people would find me with my roots receding away from the frown lines permanently etched into my forehead.

When I got into this job almost 5 years ago I knew life and limb was at risk. What I didn’t realize was that so was my time for personal upkeep. As a blushing 23 year old new to the working game I felt nothing could be more important than how I looked; the face, fashion and general poise that I presented to the world. The moment I accepted my job that whole notion immediately became secondary to the work at hand: Saving the world.

The ad said “VIP needs personal assistant to help organize a flurried life of constant flying, negotiating and back breaking hours. Must be a person of great moral fiber with steadfast societal ethics eager to learn and scared of nothing.” Couldn’t have been more vague and more perfect for someone like me, unsure of who I wanted to be and had little experience working.

When I got to the interview I took the elevator on the left as directed and pressed the only button there. Shooting down at what felt like warp speed I knew this was going to be a job unlike any other. When the elevator doors opened there he was. At 6 feet 5 inches he had a strong build and chiseled facial features but his eyes were a soft brown and because he smiled constantly they were generally partially obscured. I could immediately see why the papers said he was able to calm even the most hysterical of women facing death.

“Welcome. I’m so glad you found it all right,” The Winged Guardian said. I closed my mouth as quickly as I could, trying to show professionalism instead of what I was really feeling: utter astonishment. Twenty minutes later I was hired.

“You are very charming. I think we’ll make a great team. Be here tomorrow at 9:00am and we’ll go over everything!” he exclaimed.

I had charmed one of the most charming men in world saving history. This was either amazing news or suicidal.

No comments:

Post a Comment