Max's Message

I have a passion for writing. I love to write my thoughts and I hope that others will like to read them. Maybe my thoughts, ranting and opinions will get you thinking and start a dialogue among you and others, or maybe it'll just get you to say "Huh". I love music, books and movies and sharing my opinions about them because sometimes I want the world to know how amazing something is or I want to understand how others could like something I wasn't the biggest fan of. Finally and maybe what I'm most passionate about is I love stories, hearing them, reading them and especially writing them, which I do everyday and will be posting often. Each of my passions and writing exploits can be found labeled below. Pick one, get a little lost, maybe a little excited and hopefully always entertained.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Commotion- Ch. 4- The Final Installment

There’s a noise outside the door of my holding room. Two men arguing but I can’t tell about what. Then suddenly the camera’s red light goes off and the over head light is extinguished leaving only the circle of light from the table lamp. I know what’s coming next. I breathe in and out. Must not smile at their good cop, bad cop routine. Don’t want to insult them. I hear the door open and two sets of feet walk through the door. The light outside is blinding and I can only see shapes. When they shut the door one pair of shoes walks to the table and into my circle of light. My jaw drops.

“Hello, darling.” Charles is smiling and wearing a suit. I can’t speak. My eyes feel like they are bugging out of my head. “I couldn’t tell you. There’s a lot going on under the table here. But I was asked to bring you in as a favor.”

“A favor to whom?” I can’t rip away my gaze.

“Someone who wanted to see you. Someone you haven’t seen in a while. Lieutenant?”

“Thank you agent Swanton.” I know that voice. As Charles steps out of the light and stands beside me, another man steps forward into my line of vision. With his gray hair and grey eyes piercing me I feel tears well up in my throat. “Dad?”

“Hiya Kiddo,” he squeezes my hand. “I heard your Mom’s painting was causing quite a commotion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment